For a simple exchange, my good sir, you may buy,
A slick, polished future, with views from on high.
A seat in a chair so soft and so right,
When you get there you’ll never remember the fight.
Or the things that you loved that you missed on your way,
Up this hill where on top is that big, bright “Some Day.”
You’ve made a fine choice my discerning, wise friend,
For a much grander future awaits you in the end.
All I need from you now, to make best come to be,
Is to pay for your dreams with a low one-time fee.
It’s all waiting for you, so act now! Don’t delay!
Success can be yours!
…The price is today.
other submissions by thinayr
- Portraits Age in Reverse - November 9th, 2014
- Swing Set - November 5th, 2014
- Patricide - December 18th, 2011
- The Buffalo Hills - April 17th, 2011
- The Zombie Apocalypse (A Diary) - April 3rd, 2011
- The Peasant King and the Tree of Life - March 25th, 2011
- Poem for a Christian Friend - March 10th, 2011
- The Institute for the Decidedly Not-Funny (Interview) - February 25th, 2011
- The Flow - February 11th, 2011
- Kali - February 6th, 2011
- The Slam - February 4th, 2011
- Some useful expressions - February 3rd, 2011
- Spilt - February 2nd, 2011
- Solitary Pilgrim - January 30th, 2011
- Dark Kings - January 29th, 2011
- TAKE - January 28th, 2011
- Watch Your Head - January 26th, 2011